Sunday, September 15, 2013

Ortiz Cryptid-Hominid Research Operation 04 05 13

What follows is KX founder Robert Kryder's Field report of the Ortiz mountain expedition May 5th, 2013. Although the videos of last year's outing have been available on our youtube channel, I have included them at the end of the article for your conveinence.

Last year's expedition into the Ortiz mountains yielded a substantial amount of evidential data, not to mention excellent confirmation on the accuracy of Robert Kryder's parabolic mic dish set up. The recordings from the dish were used to triangulate an area to focus on. Based on what we had found during this first investigation, we were looking at this area as a feeding zone and migratory corridor. The goal for our second expedition was a non invasive operation. The plan being to place our surveillance equipment and get out. KX team members present were Robert Kryder, Joshua Lawrence, guest researcher Bruce Gillen and myself (Melissa Thompson). There will be a follow up to retrieve that equipment in the very near future. What follows is KX founder Robert Kryder's Field report of the Ortiz mountain expedition May 5th, 2013.

Ortiz Cryptid-Hominid Research Operation 04 05 2013 summery: We entered the area about 2 pm and proceeded along the canyon bottom along the same route we used 11 months ago. New damage, BF trail sign and many uprooted trees were noticed. Many, too many to be coincidence, were blocking the normal path of travel into the area as if to purposefully deter entry. Also, many large scuffs were noted on the slopes but no distinct tracks. We made first camp at base 01, 1/2 way up the canyon. Review of the captured audio, 5.5 hrs duration recorded while we slept, showed a BF subject was present even before I, the last awake, even started the recorder. When I first laid down, I did so with listening through headphones to the amplified P-mic pointed up-canyon. The moment I put them on I heard vocals and quickly switched to recorder.... Shortly after I slept while the recorder ran... Vocals of grunts, clicks and strange kackals were accompanied with footsteps, leaf/ twig crunching under step and twigs breaking as it passed through branches. First these steps approached with caution, stepping only a few steps each time as it changed position getting closer... It took about an hour to approach and then stayed around us for over 3 more hours until I coughed 3 times in my sleep around 4 am. It then ran a few steps and waited until a large gust of wind to fully run away. A game cam was placed pointed in the same direction as the mic so we will see in a couple months what was there. The second day we noted much more damage and tree up-rooting evidence and tracks/ scuffs. Many deer prints were seen as well until we approached the habitation-feeding areas. Then all deer sign stopped. Only a lone coyote was seen to have passed through the area, although much ground disturbance/ scuffing and flat spots from large flat feet were noted but none clear enough to confirm source. Game cams were placed under stealth conditions in the main feeding area and will be left for months duration. The second night I listened to the P-mic live and amplified while the others slept. A or the BF subject again approached us and took over an hour to do so. It eventually got very close and even passed the focal point of the mic. I had fallen to sleep after a couple hours listening to it circle our camp and still had the head phones on when I was awakened to loud and close footsteps as it ran by the mic as it left. No distinct tracks were noted,again just scuffing and flattening of the foliage/pine needles...

No comments:

Post a Comment